The Six System Objectives of the Bahamas
Catholic Board of Education
The Catholic Board of Education dedicates and commits itself to the following goals and objectives:
- To provide a programme in keeping with the states of a child’s development, conducive to developing the skills and the abilities to think, to learn, to create, and to communicate.
- To establish a classroom environment where pupils can become actively involved with other people, and where children are grouped flexibly according to their needs, interests and requirements.
- To create an environment where an integrated approach to learning will evolve from meaningful first-hand experiences gained either in the school or in the world outside the school.
- To use a multiplicity of ways and means to integrate technology, art, and drama in the classrooms thus affording all students the opportunity to become critical thinkers, contributing citizens and well-rounded human beings.
- To develop both academic and professional excellence and interdependence, as Christian educators, so as to be able to operate effectively as a team both within a school and within the system.
- To provide educational leadership that will inspire confidence, openness and trust and which will encourage, support, and assist teachers in their professional and programme development.